The Innovation Edge is committed to creating an environment in which innovation flourishes. Our application process is open and ongoing.
The Edge offers a continuum of support, depending on the stage of development of the innovation and the needs of the implementing partner. This includes:
- Enabling and supporting innovators to move creative ideas through the innovation process.
- Supporting innovators to build new partnerships with stakeholders who add value.
- Funding of up to R1 000 000 each to selected innovation partners (over a period of up to 24 months) and a further amount of up to 15% of grant value for project evaluation.
- Enabling the lessons from grant funded projects and from analysis of innovation processes to be widely disseminated.
- Connecting successful implementing partners with social investors and other interested parties who are in a position to support or facilitate scale-up.
- Bringing together thinkers and innovators with diverse interests and expertise to contribute to the development of innovations in early learning.